Tuesday, June 14, 2005

THE WORLD'S BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT?

Why don't you Imagine this conversation:

Person 1:'Hey, hello. Oh, did you have a good weekend?'

Person 2:'FUCK YEAH I had a good weekend because I spent it chilling out on the Kolskaya Oil Rig'

"THAT IS REALLY VIVID IN MY MIND RIGHT NOW"

It's no surprise, because of how well it was described (totally conjuring up an image & excitement).

The Kolskaya Oil Rig is well known in the Oil Industry as the coolest Oil Rig in the World. This is for so many reasons, but one of the main ones is the classic guys that hang out there drilling for Oil. It's not lonely and shit like you might expect, 'prison-like' etc. In fact it's really awesome. There's just something about it, a 'magical wow' that can't be described.

Like an 'X-FACTOR'!


'It's certainly Structured in a sensible fashion'

It's not all 'fun and games' though, some of it Sucks as Martin Lewis explains:

"You will have to put up with questions and comments from friends and relatives like "Is it really like the Roughnecks program on the TV?"....."I bet the food's good out there isn't it?"....."Why aren't you driving a brand new car?"......that sort of thing."

Martin Lewis:


'I worked on the Kolskaya Oil Rig in 1994 and it was the best time of my life (until right now)'

Normally you aren't allowed to go onto the Kolskaya Oil Rig if you are a Civilian. I told the proprietors I would write a massive article of Journalism about them - It wasn't a lie, but I'm not going to do it any time soon. I feel a bit fucking Unscrupulous about this whole thing.

"DUDE PLEASE STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF ABOUT THIS YOU ARE A CHAMPION OF JUSTICE ETC"

It doesn't get much more reassuring than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home