Friday, June 03, 2005

ARMY: NOT JUST ABOUT KILLING DUDES (AND CHICKS)

Like most people, I thought an Army was simply to 'blow people away' in a War. But after spending the last day on a Military Base talking to Soldiers, I have to totally change my tune.

"DAMN DUDE, YOU ARE SO FLEXIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO BEING INFORMED OF NEW THINGS"

I know! It's one of my best qualities.

Check this - you can be in the Army just to rock out and 'kick ass' (not physically). There's entire Squadrons of guitars, keyboard players, (a trumpet?) and especially drums. As you can imagine, drums are super useful in the Army to provide a beat for, eg:

1. Marching.
2. Other instruments.
3. If it becomes necessary to kill people in a rhythmic fashion (in a War).


'I call this one "My Commanding Officer has Ordered Me to Kill You"'

Only the most well trained Soldiers can be in the musical Squadrons of the Army. If you put a rookie in there, they are just going to fuck up. Imagine how bad the morale would be, if the Army music was 'just plain shit'. It would be so easy to conquer an Army with a less than average music Squadron. Like wrestling a little kid or something, almost Unfair.

I'll probably start practising drums / instruments so much harder now that I know one day I could be called up to 'Kick Out The Jams, Sergeant'.

2 Comments:

Blogger IOYC said...

Dear Army

Holy shit, no wonder you were interested in this.

It is Sgt. Corey W. Wiley, percussion section leader, 4th Infantry Division Ironhorse Band. He says shit like:

"I love playing for the troops. Nothing beats that feeling when I get to play "The Army Song" for a thousand troops and they are all singing along. It's a special feeling."

Are you gonna argue with that.

"FUCK NO. I MEAN, FUCK NO, SIR!"

Yours Sincerely,
IOYC Chapter 5 Verse 3

9:54 AM  
Blogger Fop said...

"Dear Army"


*splutters*

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home