Saturday, July 23, 2005

THE POT(TER) CALLING THE KETTLE OR SOME SHIT

If we could just pause for one second from our 'daily toil' to think and say STOP THE MADNESS about Beatrix Potter.

Beatrix Potter mania is everywhere these days, in books and film and all through Politics. 'My Fellow Politicians, [SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT BEATRIX POTTER!!]', who hasn't heard it. (Have I heard anything else lately, doesn't seem like it!)



Set in and around Dunkeld, Birnam and Inver, this is a story of the acquaintance of Beatrix Potter and a rural postman named Charles McIntosh, who were brought together by a common interest in fungi.

"I'VE GOT A COMMON INTEREST IN FUNGI"

'Well done'.

Now I'm all for Venerating Figures from History, but this has gone too far. The other day someone stopped me in the street and tried to sell me Beatrix Potter for One Hundred Thousand American Dollars. What do I want with that, storage space will be a problem for one, plus Morality of buying Beatrix Potter (Is it a Slave?).

I think we should all be focussing on more important things like:

1. International Treaties (eg Antarctica)
2. Famous People
3. Company Seals vs Actual Seals

Now, let's (please) have no more talk of Beatrix Potter for a while. It's nothing personal FUCK PETER RABBIT!! but think about how good it will be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

F'ing hilarious.

6:43 PM  
Blogger FionaB said...

Why are you using capital letters at the start of "Venerating Figures from History"? Yes, I am being a completely pedantic twat.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home